Uses for Guacamole
This is a wonderfully authentic recipe that beats the pre-made packages from a grocery store.
You can make this a day or two in advance, as it will last for up to 3 days. It goes great with fajitas and along with your other dips for appetizers. This is rated somewhat mild for spiciness so, for more spicy servings, just increase the cayenne red pepper a bit. This recipe is related to Fajitas and Pico de Gallo and we have those recipes as well. They’re here: Pico de Gallo and Fajitas.
- 2 Avocados Split around the middle (top to bottom), remove the large center "nut". Then, use a spoon to scoop out the soft interior contents. Toss away the remaining outer "skin".
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ⅔ tsp minced garlic Alternatively, use ½ this quantity of garlic powder instead.
- ⅔ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne red pepper This amount gives just a mild "kick". Can adjust later to taste, for adding more "kick", if desired.
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, freeze-dried chopped leaves Freeze dried, chopped leaves. Alternatively, use fresh chopped cilantro leaves, adding about ½ of this quantity more.
- ⅓ cup tomato, diced small or you can alternatively use grape tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in any order. It's then ready to use.
- You can store covered in the refrigerator for about 3 days for usage; mix up again prior to each usage.